Experience – Rasvia
Senior Software Engineer
July 2001 to October 2002
Rasvia built multi-processor network storage systems. They employed embedded OS (VxWorks 5.4) on the PowerPC cpu (750).
- Designed and implemented an OS API layer between VxWorks and Rasvia applications. This work covered the following subsystems: task, malloc, mutex, binary semaphores, counting semaphores, message queues, print, and symbol table. Included a full set of diagnostics, regression, and display for each subsystem.
- Designed and implemented the shared memory manager. Included a mutex facility with full debugging support and a commit to disk feature.
- Designed and implemented a highly reliable file system. This was used to manage the system area in shared memory and all disk labels.
Member of the Logical Volume Manager Group.
- Helped design and implement the logical volume manager admin layer.
- Designed and implemented a kernel debugger that was used on memory dumps. Included OS API support and system area commit support.
- Designed and implemented a kernel profiler.
- Designed and implemented a system diagnostics facility. Configurable for stand alone and runtime diagnostics.
- Designed and implemented a system event logging mechanism. Employed a single log for multiple cpus. Configurable for compile time and run time.