Experience – Quantum
San Jose, CA
December 2009 to February 2011
Architect for the infrastructure group, in the storage division. Quantum products were based on 64-bit Linux platforms that provide data movement – data duplication, data replication, and archives. Architect for system upgrade, web services, cloud services, system database, and system configuration.
- Changed system upgrade to use dual boot partitions to enable remote upgrades and enable upgrade rollback.
- Converted system database from Linter to MySQL.
- Changed system configuration to use a database repository via SQL and XPATH using MySQL. This provided configuration transaction capability.
- Converted system management from a CLI to Web Services. We started with SOAP and ended up with REST via Apache.
- Created the Quantum Cloud API, which is a superset of the Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure, Google Storage, and Iron Mountain cloud APIs. Used Apache to process HTTP requests. Employed MySQL to handle name space mapping and to store metadata.
- Designed the POSIX to Cloud Storage interface. This allowed a Cloud Storage Account to be mounted as a POSIX like file system. Used libcURL to manage connections. Employed MySQL to handle name space mapping and to store metadata.